Overuse/Inflammation in Shoulder
Are you experiencing pain in or around your shoulder? Read our quick guide about overuse/inflammation in muscles and tendon insertions around the shoulder joint and the possible causes, symptoms and treatment.
Overuse/inflammation in muscles and tendon insertions around the shoulder joint
The troubles are common among painters, carpenters, waitresses, hairdressers and in sports as swimming, javelin throw, handball and bodybuilding.
- Instability/degenerative changes
- Stiffness in the thoracic spine
- Poor posture
- Static work above the shoulders
- Pain and reduced strength when working above the shoulder
- Difficulties to sleep on the shoulder, get dressed and to comb your hair
- Pain and soreness during or after activity
- Avoid static work
- Adapt working position
- Training of range of motion (ROM), coordination, strength and stability