Achilles Tendon Disorders - Achillodynia
Quick facts about Achilles tendon disorders (achillodynia). Read about why it occurs, what the symptoms are and its possible treatments to reduce and ease the pain.
An inflammation can occur in the Achilles tendon or in the surrounding tissues on account of repetitive forceful loading. Achilles injuries strikes athletes at all levels e.g. where running and jumping are frequently practised.
- Unilateral load
- Increased amount of training
- Change of training surface
- Improper shoes
- Hyper pronation
- Stiff calf muscles
- Decreased range of motion in your ankle
- Morning stiffness
- Pain and stiffness during and after activity
- Palpation soreness along the tendon
- Swelling at and around the Achilles tendon
- Crepitations may occur
- Reduced strength in calf muscles
- Analyse causes (external and internal factors)
- Gradually intensified rehabilitation program with eccentric muscle training for the calf
- Heel wedge in relieving purpose
- Individual insoles
- Anti-inflammatory drug or ointment
The Rehband UD Achilles Support can help you with pain in the Achilles tendon.